- Written, produced and engineered by Cocteau Twins.
- Additional engineering by Mitsuo Tate.
- Photography by Spiros Politis. A Blue Source sleeve.
- "Alice" was also featured on the motion picture soundtrack of "Stealing Beauty." Appears courtesy of Capitol Records.
- An alternate mix of "Circling Girl" was originally released on the compilation CD/magazine Volume 15.
- "Violaine" has appeared in live performances.
- This was the last Cocteau Twins release to appear on Mercury/Fontana (with the exception of the song "Touch Upon Touch," which was released in late 1996 on the compilation Volume 17).
- Digitally remastered and re-released in 2005 as part of Lullabies to Violaine.